This is the place to keep up to date with news of special events, culinary innovations and new arrivals among our herds of deer.
Sky Park Farm secured support from The European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development in August 2019. The EAFRD granted the application for funding which has contributed to the building costs for the farm shop and café building.
The EAFRD funding programme works in conjunction with national and regional Rural Development Programmes. Sky Park Farm fulfilled the rural development objectives to:
- improve the competitiveness of agriculture,
- encourage sustainable management of natural resources and climate action,
- achieve a balanced territorial development of rural economies and communities.
The EAFRD allocates funding based on innovation, environment and climate change mitigation and adaptation. It is distributed according to six priorities:
- fostering knowledge transfer and innovation in agriculture, forestry and rural areas;
- enhancing the viability and competitiveness of all types of agriculture, and promoting innovative farm technologies and sustainable forest management;
- promoting food chain organisation, animal welfare and risk management in agriculture;
- promoting resource efficiency and supporting the shift toward a low-carbon and climate resilient economy in the agriculture, food and forestry sectors;
- restoring, preserving and enhancing ecosystems related to agriculture and forestry;
- promoting social inclusion, poverty reduction and economic development in rural areas.
Pierce and Victoria Noonan were delighted to receive the grant and are very grateful to Neil March and Steve Wickenden at Southern Planning Practice who worked so hard to realise this grant.
Wow! What a year. Since the Farm Experience opened on 21st May, and then the Farm Shop, Butcher and Grazing Rooms in October, we have welcomed tens of thousands of visitors through our doors. Subscribers to our Deer Friends newsletter […]
As we unfurl and brave the world outside after a few days of celebrating, huddling with family and friends and indulging in festive feasts, we start to consider the world outside and the impending dawn of a new year. While […]
The school holidays can present a challenge for families – crafting excursions and activities to keep everyone happy and entertained. The winter holidays are, potentially, even more demanding. With limited daylight and more variable weather, creative solutions are often needed […]