This is the place to keep up to date with news of special events, culinary innovations and new arrivals among our herds of deer.
Sky Park Farm secured support from The European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development in August 2019. The EAFRD granted the application for funding which has contributed to the building costs for the farm shop and café building.
The EAFRD funding programme works in conjunction with national and regional Rural Development Programmes. Sky Park Farm fulfilled the rural development objectives to:
- improve the competitiveness of agriculture,
- encourage sustainable management of natural resources and climate action,
- achieve a balanced territorial development of rural economies and communities.
The EAFRD allocates funding based on innovation, environment and climate change mitigation and adaptation. It is distributed according to six priorities:
- fostering knowledge transfer and innovation in agriculture, forestry and rural areas;
- enhancing the viability and competitiveness of all types of agriculture, and promoting innovative farm technologies and sustainable forest management;
- promoting food chain organisation, animal welfare and risk management in agriculture;
- promoting resource efficiency and supporting the shift toward a low-carbon and climate resilient economy in the agriculture, food and forestry sectors;
- restoring, preserving and enhancing ecosystems related to agriculture and forestry;
- promoting social inclusion, poverty reduction and economic development in rural areas.
Pierce and Victoria Noonan were delighted to receive the grant and are very grateful to Neil March and Steve Wickenden at Southern Planning Practice who worked so hard to realise this grant.
Have we seen the last of the warm late summer days – or will yesterday’s Autumn Equinox spell a change towards cooler weather? At Sky Park Farm, our deer herds are unfazed by the cooler weather, continuing to happily graze […]
Our deer family is growing as we approach the rut! We are delighted to be welcoming some impressive new stags to our farm for breeding. These are carefully selected to ensure that the quality of our farmed deer is protected. […]
Our vision at Sky Park Farm is for all visitors to leave with a smile. In our opinion, this starts with a warm welcome when you arrive from our Visitor Centre team. We are really proud of the overwhelmingly positive […]