Sky Park Farm secured support from The European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development in August 2019. The EAFRD granted the application for funding which has contributed to the building costs for the farm shop and café building.
The EAFRD funding programme works in conjunction with national and regional Rural Development Programmes. Sky Park Farm fulfilled the rural development objectives to:
- improve the competitiveness of agriculture,
- encourage sustainable management of natural resources and climate action,
- achieve a balanced territorial development of rural economies and communities.
The EAFRD allocates funding based on innovation, environment and climate change mitigation and adaptation. It is distributed according to six priorities:
- fostering knowledge transfer and innovation in agriculture, forestry and rural areas;
- enhancing the viability and competitiveness of all types of agriculture, and promoting innovative farm technologies and sustainable forest management;
- promoting food chain organisation, animal welfare and risk management in agriculture;
- promoting resource efficiency and supporting the shift toward a low-carbon and climate resilient economy in the agriculture, food and forestry sectors;
- restoring, preserving and enhancing ecosystems related to agriculture and forestry;
- promoting social inclusion, poverty reduction and economic development in rural areas.
Pierce and Victoria Noonan were delighted to receive the grant and are very grateful to Neil March and Steve Wickenden at Southern Planning Practice who worked so hard to realise this grant.
Sky Park Farm Rangers are delighted to have settled in a new herd of 15 Sika deer. Sika deer were introduced into Britain from the Far East in 1860. It is possible that almost all living English, Scottish and Irish […]
Sky Park Farm is opening to the public on 21st May. A unique destination, visitors will be able to experience life on a working deer farm and access the spectacular grounds for walking and picnicking. Pierce and Victoria Noonan, owners […]
Sky Park Farm is delighted to announce that Matt Crow has joined the team as Executive Chef. With a vision to deliver quality, local, modern food in a relaxed environment, Matt is a very welcome addition to the Sky Park […]