This is the place to keep up to date with news of special events, culinary innovations and new arrivals among our herds of deer.
National Cheese Day – In Celebration of British Cheese
Cheese making is an ancient craft that even predates history records! In the UK we have hundreds of exceptional cheesemakers creating a wide variety of delicious cheeses for the perfect cheese board, simple home cooking or exquisite dishes like the renowned Cheese Souffle in The Grazing Rooms, made with Sussex Charmer and Twineham Grange.
Here are Executive Head Chef Matt Crow’s Top 5 British cheeses:
- Tunworth – award winning Tunworth is a very British Camembert handmade in rural Hampshire. It has a soft, thin and wrinkled rind, a rich and earthy mushroom fragrance, and a long-lasting sweet and nutty flavour reminiscent of its French cousin.
- Sussex Charmer – a local hard cheese made near Horsham made from a marriage of two very separate cheese production methods, each one ancient and prestigious in its own right. The award winning cheese combines the creaminess of a mature farmhouse cheddar and the zing of an Italian style hard cheese. This versatile cheese represents a stunning addition to a cheese board.
- Twineham Grange – a hard cheese made from pasteurised cows milk and matured over 15 months. It is a sweet cheese that can be enjoyed on its own from a cheese board with a glass of wine or a pear, grated over piping hot pasta and is a great cheese to cook with.
- Pevensey Blue – an award winning soft, creamy blue cheese made in East Sussex. The milk comes from a local organic dairy herd that grazes in the marshland of the Pevensey Levels.
- Golden Cross – this log shaped award winning Sussex goat’s cheese can be eaten fresh or matured. It’s a versatile cheese that works perfectly on a cheeseboard or is delicious cooked or grilled.
OPEN DAILY SATURDAY 22ND TO SUNDAY 30TH OCTOBER Book Now For Half Term at Sky Park Farm. Along with the grand opening of the Tree Top Towers on Monday 24th October, we have a series of spooky events to celebrate […]
The rut has started at Sky Park Farm! We have introduced the red, white and sika stags to their rutting groups. The rut will last until November. This is an impressive time on a deer farm with a full orchestra […]
On Saturday 10th September, 2022 Matt Crow and Glyn Ingram were delighted to join Marcus Bean for a lively conversation on the Let’s Talk Food Stage at this year’s BBC Good Food Festival at Goodwood. Marcus was fascinated by the […]