This is the place to keep up to date with news of special events, culinary innovations and new arrivals among our herds of deer.
The excitement is building, the bunting is out and fantastic festivities are planned all across the country. How are you celebrating the Jubilee?
While we relish an extended bank holiday weekend, soak up the sun and enjoy the incredible breadth of events being hosted by communities and business, at Sky Park Farm we also love to learn, so we have shared a few fascinating facts about the Jubilee!
- The Platinum Jubilee marks a major milestone in the reign of our monarch, celebrating the life and service of HM Queen Elizabeth II.
- The origins of Jubilees started in the Old Testament, where they marked a celebration of 50 years
- The naming follows the traditions of wedding anniversaries – 25 years for Silver, 50 years for Golden, 60 years for Diamond and 70 years for Platinum
- Very few British monarchs enjoyed reigns of more than 50 years
- George III is often cited as the first British monarch to celebrate a Golden Jubilee – followed by Queen Victoria and HM Queen Elizabeth II. George V marked a Silver Jubilee.
- Records show some surprising similarities to today. Edward III (1327-1377) celebrated his Golden Jubilee in 1376 with a weeklong joust at Smithfield (London), starting with a magnificent procession from the Tower of London heralded by trumpeters.
- Since the reign of Queen Victoria, Golden Jubilees have been celebrated after the completion of 50 years of service.
However you are celebrating the Jubilee, make sure you celebrate in true royal style – make it a noisy affair in the Queen’s honour, celebrate British traditions and join with family and friends to feast on your favourite foods.
At Sky Park Farm we are celebrating the Jubilee with a series of Jubilee inspired gourmet events. We are open as normal and have Jubilee celebrations on Friday 3rd June including Pizza on The Terrace, children’s Jubilee lunch and afternoon tea boxes available when visiting the Farm Experience and Sparkling Afternoon Cream Tea in The Grazing Rooms.
Source: Historic Royal Palaces
Get ready to light up the holiday season with our festive colouring giveaway! 🌟 We’re inviting you to design a Christmas bauble for a chance to WIN big! 🎄🔔 Imagine pushing the button to illuminate our dazzling Lights Switch on […]
Sky Park Farm Proudly Sponsors Petersfield Asteroids U-8 Football Team! 🌟⚽ At Sky Park Farm, the community is at the heart of everything we do. Sky Park is thrilled to announce our sponsorship of the Petersfield Asteroids, our talented local […]
Sky Park Farm Butchery have excelled at the Great Taste Awards 2023, the world’s most coveted food and drink awards and officially make the best unsmoked bacon in the South of England! All four of butcher Hawie and his team’s […]